Learn All You Need to Know About Obtaining a Family Visit Visa for the UK
Are you planning to visit the United Kingdom? Will you be traveling with your family? Are you looking for help on how to obtain a family visit visa for the UK? Look no further, as this guide will provide you all the information you need.
What is a Family Visit Visa?
A family visit visa for the UK is an official document that allows non-EU nationals and citizens to enter the UK and remain for a limited period of time. This document is issued for the purpose of visiting family members and for the time duration of 6 months maximum.
Who is Eligible for a Family Visit Visa?
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must be financially stable.
- Must have valid travel documents.
- Must meet the purpose of visit.
- Must prove their intention of leaving UK upon expiry of the visa.
How to Apply for a Family Visit Visa?
- The applicant must first complete the online application form via the Visa4UK website and submit it with all required documents.
- The applicant must further book and attend an appointment at the VFS UK visa application centre in order to provide finger-prints and a photograph.
- The applicant must then pay the respective visa fee.
- The application is then processed, and the applicant shall receive a decision from the VAC.
Where Can I Find More Information?
If you require more detailed information on the UK visa application process, you can visit the official Home Office website.
What Documents Must You Provide?
Along with the completed application form, the applicant must provide additional documents for proof of family relationship and financial stability such as:
- Valid passport/travel documents.
- Proof of family relationship to the host in the UK in the form of birth/marriage certificate.
- Two photographs.
- Bank statements or salary slips to prove financial stability.
- Booking information regarding accommodation in the UK.
- Purpose of visit letter.
How Much Does a Family Visit Visa Cost?
The Family Visit Visa fee is a fixed fee of £85.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Family Visit Visa?
The processing time of a Family Visit Visa differs nation to nation. Depending on the country and the workload at the visa office, the processing time could range from 1 week to 5 weeks.
How Long Can You Remain In the UK?
A Family Visit Visa permits the applicant to stay in the UK for a period of 6 months from the date of issuance.
Can You Apply for a Family Visit Visa More Than Once?
Yes, you can apply for a Family Visit Visa at any point in time however; overstaying after visa expiry can result in fines and deportation. Therefore, it is advised to abide by the visa period and leave the UK on the given visa expiry date.
Can You Work With a Family Visit Visa?
No. The Family Visit Visa does not permit the holder to work while in the UK.
What Happens if you Overstay your Visa?
If an applicant overstays their visa, they may face fines, deportation and even an extended period of ineligibility to apply for a UK visa.
Can You Extend your Family Visit Visa?
Yes, the applicant can apply for an extension to their visa before the expiry date. The online form for visa extension requires to be filed before the current visa expires, and decision on the visa extension is subject to the decision of the Immigration Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply for a Visitor Visa and a Family Visit Visa?
Yes, a visitor visa and a family visit visa can both be applied for at the same.
- Will I need to appear for an interview for a Family Visit Visa?
No, usually the applicant does not need to appear for an interview for a family visit visa.
- Can I include my dependent family members with me on the Family Visit Visa?
Yes, if the dependent family members are listed on the applicant’s application form and if the accompanying family members meet all the criteria for visa approval.
- Do I need to book an online appointment to apply for the Family Visit Visa?
Yes, the applicant will need to book an appointment at the VFS UK visa application centre in order to submit biometric information.
Obtaining a Family Visit Visa for the UK is not a complicated process, however you should make sure you meet the criteria, provide all required documents and adhere to the visa regulations upon entering the UK.
If you are planning a family visit to the UK, make sure to read on the official UK website and understand the regulations before you apply. Good luck in your journey and happy travels. Learn All You Need to Know About Obtaining a Family Visit Visa for the UK!