Canada: Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
The Canadian government is dedicated to improving opportunities for foreign nationals seeking to work and build a life in Canada. The Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMP) is a new initiative that will open doors for almost 6,000 newcomers to acquire permanent residence in Canada. The program is running for three years (June 2021 to June 2024) and is aimed at providing a direct pathway from student visas or work permits to permanent residence.
What Is the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot?
The Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMP) was created to provide eligible Canadian and foreign nationals with an opportunity to acquire permanent residency in Canada. This program is for foreign nationals who are currently in Canada on a student visa or work permit, and is an invaluable aid for those who are seeking to secure permanent residency. The EMP will offer direct pathways to permanent residency for up to 6,000 applicants and their families.
Who Is Eligible for the EMP?
In order to be an eligible applicant for the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must currently possess a valid work permit or student visa from one of the eligible provinces that are participating in the program.
- You must have obtained a post-secondary degree or diploma from an eligible post-secondary institution in an eligible province.
- You must have a conditionally approved job offer or labour market impact assessment (LMIA) from an eligible employer.
- You must have a minimum of 24 months of work experience in Canada over the past 36 months.
- You must have proof of language proficiency in either English or French.
- You must have a valid Canadian medical exam.
- You must have no criminal record in Canada or any other country.
- You must meet all other IRCC requirements for permanent residency.
How Can I Apply for the EMP?
The Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot was launched in June 2021, and applications will be accepted until June 2024. You can begin to prepare your application by gathering all the necessary documents and information. Once you have all of the required documents and information, you can then proceed with the online application process. It is highly recommended that you seek the help of a qualified immigration lawyer during the application process.
What Are the Benefits of the EMP?
The EMP provides eligible foreign nationals with the opportunity to attain permanent residency in Canada. This program also offers a direct path to becoming a permanent resident, rather than applying to the Express Entry system, which has certain limitations. This program offers additional benefits to those who are able to secure permanent residency in Canada. These benefits include:
- Security and stability – You can be rest assured that you will not need to worry about renewing your status as a student or worker in Canada every few years.
- Access to additional opportunities – As a permanent resident, you will have access to additional opportunities, such as applying for social benefits, banking, health coverage, and the ability to work for any employer or location in Canada.
- Increased earning potential – With the security and stability of permanent residency, you will be able to pursue higher-paying opportunities that may not have been available to you as a student/worker in Canada.
- Improved quality of life – Permanent residency will also allow you to feel more secure and safe in your living situation, and have the ability to make long-term plans for your future in Canada.
What Is the Process for Applying to the EMP?
The first step in the application process is to collect all necessary documents and information that are required. These documents and information will include your educational qualifications, work experience, language proficiency, medical exam, and any other documents that are requested by the IRCC. After you have all of these documents gathered, you can then proceed with the online application process. It is highly recommended that you work with a qualified immigration lawyer during this process, as it can be difficult to navigate the application process.
What Is the timeline for the EMP?
The Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot is officially running from June 2021 to June 2024. The application process can take anywhere from several months to a year or more. It is important to begin the application process as soon as possible in order to ensure that you have enough time to complete the process and receive a positive outcome.
Is the EMP program only for foreign nationals?
No, the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot program allows both Canadian and foreign nationals to apply.
How many applications will be accepted?
The EMP program will accept up to 6,000 applications.
Can I work or study while my application is being processed?
Yes, you can continue to work or study while your application is being processed.
How long does the application process take?
The application process can take anywhere from several months to a year or more. It is important to begin the application process as soon as possible in order to ensure that you have enough time to complete the process and receive a positive outcome.
The Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot is a great opportunity for those foreign nationals who are seeking to acquire permanent residence in Canada. The program is designed to provide eligible Canadian and foreign nationals with the opportunity to gain permanent residency in Canada, and offers various benefits, such as security, stability, and improved opportunities. It is important that you begin the application process as soon as possible in order to ensure that you have enough time to complete it and receive a positive outcome.