The Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) is designed for young adults aged 18 to 30 from eligible countries, allowing them to work, study, and holiday in Australia for up to 12 months. This visa encourages cultural exchange by enabling travelers to experience Australia’s lifestyle while engaging in short-term employment and educational activities.

Eligibility Criteria:

To be eligible for a Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462), applicants must:

  • Be aged between 18 and 30 years (inclusive) at the time of application.
  • Hold a valid passport from an eligible country.
  • Have functional English language skills.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Not have previously held a Work and Holiday (462) visa.
  • Have a letter of support (or a letter of government support for certain countries) and a letter of home government support.

Application Process:

  1. Eligibility Check: Ensure you meet all the eligibility criteria and have the required documents.
  2. Online Application: Complete the online application form accurately, providing all necessary information.
  3. Supporting Documents: Prepare documents including passport, proof of funds, educational documents, and the required letters of support.
  4. Biometrics and Health Checks: Depending on your nationality, biometrics and health examinations may be necessary.
  5. Submission: Submit the application and pay the visa fee.
  6. Wait for a Decision: Await a decision on your visa application. Processing times vary based on the applicant’s location and the volume of applications.
  7. Visa Grant: If approved, the visa will be granted with specified conditions.


  • Work and Study: Holders can work and study in Australia for up to 12 months.
  • Travel: Allows multiple entries, enabling travelers to explore Australia during their stay.
  • Cultural Exchange: Provides an opportunity to experience Australian culture, lifestyle, and the workplace.


Q: Can I extend my Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)?
A: It is generally not possible to extend this visa. However, holders can apply for a second Work and Holiday visa if they have completed specified work in regional Australia.

Q: How much money do I need to show as proof of funds?
A: The specific amount varies. It’s essential to check the latest financial requirements on the official Australian immigration website.

Q: Can I include my family members in my application?
A: No, the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) does not allow the inclusion of family members. Each applicant must apply separately.

Q: Can I switch to a different visa type while I am in Australia on a Work and Holiday Visa?
A: It is possible to apply for another visa type while in Australia, but the process and eligibility criteria vary. It’s best to consult with immigration authorities for specific cases.

Q: Can I work for any employer in Australia?
A: Yes, Work and Holiday visa holders can work for any employer. There are no work limitations, allowing employment across various industries and positions.

0 CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment

Social media

Copyright © 2023 by CGM Partners. All rights reserved.