The Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa (Subclass 403) is designed for individuals who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to work under specific arrangements between the Australian government and other countries or organizations. This visa has various streams, each catering to specific types of work or international agreements.

Eligibility Criteria:

  1. Sponsorship: You need to be sponsored by an approved sponsor or a government agency.
  2. Specific Stream Eligibility: Meet the criteria of the specific stream you are applying for, such as diplomatic or consular staff, domestic worker, or government agreement.
  3. Health and Character: Meet health and character requirements as specified by the Australian immigration authorities.
  4. English Proficiency: Some streams require evidence of English proficiency.

Application Process:

  1. Sponsorship: Obtain sponsorship from an approved sponsor, which could be an employer, government agency, or organization.
  2. Online Application: Lodge your application online through the official Australian immigration website, specifying the correct stream and providing all necessary documents.
  3. Biometrics and Health Checks: Attend biometrics collection if required and complete necessary health examinations.
  4. Wait for a Decision: The processing time varies based on the stream and individual circumstances. You may be asked for additional documents or information.
  5. Visa Grant: Once approved, you will receive a visa grant notice specifying the conditions of your stay.


  1. Work Rights: Work in Australia under the conditions specified in your visa subclass and stream.
  2. Study Opportunities: Some streams allow limited study in Australia.
  3. Travel Flexibility: Enter and leave Australia multiple times while the visa is valid.
  4. Dependents: Your family members can be included in the application to live, study, and work in Australia under certain streams.


Q: Can I change my employer after receiving this visa?
A: It depends on the specific conditions of your visa subclass and stream. Some streams allow changing employers under certain circumstances.

Q: How long can I stay on this visa?
A: The duration of stay varies based on the stream and the international arrangement. It can range from a few months to several years.

Q: Can I apply for permanent residency after this visa expires?
A: This visa is temporary and does not provide a direct pathway to permanent residency. However, individuals can explore other skilled migration pathways if eligible.

Q: Can my family members work or study in Australia on this visa?
A4 It depends on the specific conditions of your stream. Some streams allow family members to work and study, while others may have restrictions. Check the details of your specific stream for accurate information.

0 CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment

Social media

Copyright © 2023 by CGM Partners. All rights reserved.