The Global Special Humanitarian Visa (Subclass 202) is designed for people who are subject to substantial discrimination amounting to gross violation of human rights in their home country and are proposed by an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. This visa allows individuals to live and work in Australia, access Medicare, and enroll in English language classes.

Eligibility Criteria:

  1. Proposal: An eligible proposer in Australia must propose the applicant and provide evidence of the need for humanitarian concern.
  2. Refugee Status: The applicant must be subject to substantial discrimination and persecution in their home country, demonstrating a genuine need for humanitarian assistance.
  3. Health and Character: Both the proposer and the applicant must meet health and character requirements.

Application Process:

  1. Proposal Submission: The Australian proposer submits a proposal form, providing details about the applicant’s situation and the need for humanitarian assistance.
  2. Visa Application: Once the proposal is approved, the applicant submits a visa application, including necessary documents such as identity proofs, health assessments, and character documents.
  3. Processing: The application undergoes thorough processing, including interviews if necessary, and additional documents may be requested.
  4. Visa Grant: If the application is successful, the applicant receives a visa allowing them to live in Australia and work, study, or access English language classes.

Benefits and Privileges:

  1. Permanent Residency: The visa grants permanent residency status in Australia.
  2. Live and Work: Allows the applicant to live, work, and study in Australia indefinitely.
  3. Healthcare: Access to Australia’s healthcare scheme, Medicare.
  4. Education: Eligibility to enroll in English language classes.
  5. Travel: Multiple entry and exits from Australia.


Q: What rights does this visa provide to family members of the applicant?
A: Family members included in the application can also receive the same rights and benefits as the primary applicant.

Q: Can I change my address or job once the visa is granted?
A: Yes, but you must inform the Department of Home Affairs of any changes in your circumstances, including changes in address or employment.

Q: Are there any restrictions on traveling outside of Australia with this visa?
A: No, there are no travel restrictions. The visa allows multiple entries and exits from Australia.

0 CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment