The Bridging Visa C (BVC) Subclass 030 is a temporary visa allowing individuals in Australia to remain lawfully in the country after their substantive visa has expired. It is intended for individuals who are awaiting a decision on their substantive visa application or facing immigration-related issues.

Eligibility Criteria:

To be eligible for a Bridging Visa C (BVC) Subclass 030:

  • Substantive Visa Expiry: Your substantive visa must have expired or be about to expire.
  • Applied for a Substantive Visa: You must have applied for a substantive visa, and the application is either pending or being appealed.
  • Compliance: You must comply with all Australian laws and visa conditions.

Application Process:

  1. Application Preparation: Ensure your substantive visa is either expired or nearing expiry. Prepare documents related to your substantive visa application or appeal.
  2. Lodge Form 1005: Complete Form 1005 (Application for a Bridging Visa C) available on the official Department of Home Affairs website.
  3. Submit Form and Documents: Submit the completed Form 1005 along with required documents to the Department of Home Affairs by mail, fax, or in person at a designated office.
  4. Pay the Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable application fee specified by the Department of Home Affairs. Payment methods and fee amounts are usually outlined on the official website.
  5. Await Decision: Your application will be processed, and you will be notified of the decision. Processing times can vary based on individual circumstances.
  6. Comply with Conditions: If granted, comply with the conditions outlined in the Bridging Visa C. This may include restrictions on work, study, or travel.


  • Lawful Stay: Allows you to stay lawfully in Australia after the expiry of your substantive visa while awaiting a decision on a new visa application or an appeal.
  • Work and Study: Generally permits limited work and study rights, as outlined in the visa conditions.
  • Travel Restrictions: Typically allows multiple entries and exits from Australia during the visa validity period.


Q: Can I work on a Bridging Visa C (BVC)?
A: BVC usually allows limited work rights, but the specific conditions can vary. Check your visa grant letter or consult with the Department of Home Affairs for details on your work entitlements.

Q: Can I travel outside Australia on a BVC?
A: BVC may allow multiple entries and exits, but travel conditions can vary. It’s essential to check the conditions specified on your visa grant letter.

Q: Can I include family members in a BVC application?
A: Generally, BVC is granted to the primary visa applicant. Family members’ eligibility is determined by individual circumstances and the specific conditions of the visa.

Q: How long does it take to process a BVC application?
A: Processing times can vary based on individual circumstances. It’s recommended to apply well in advance of your substantive visa expiry date to avoid any gaps in your lawful stay.

Q: Can I study on a BVC?
A: BVC may grant limited study rights. Check your visa grant letter or consult with the Department of Home Affairs for details on your study entitlements.

0 CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment